In Central Texas, we are lucky enough to have two growing seasons! There is always something to work on in the garden.
These resources will help you start planning and gardening.
- Basic Organic Gardening Information and Resources (PDF), Sustainable Food Center
- Spread the Harvest, Sustainable Food Center
- Gardening List: Monthly Things to Do, Central Texas Gardener
- Travis County Planting Calendar (PDF), Texas A&M AgriLife Extension
- Travis County Vegetable Varieties (PDF), Texas A&M AgriLife Extension
- Planting Guide with Companion Plants (Excel), Mary Hammel
- Square Foot Gardening Plant Spacing Recommendations, MySquareFootGarden.net
- Top 10 Mistakes Gardeners Make (PDF), notes from Katie Pace’s presentation at The Natural Gardener
- Grow Green Program, City of Austin
New Member Resources
- Orientation Packet (PDF), Adelphi Acre Community Garden – UPDATING
- Official Bylaws (PDF), Adelphi Acre Community Garden – UPDATING
- Gardener’s Agreement (PDF), Adelphi Acre Community Garden – UPDATING
- Sponsored Garden Participant & Volunteer Liability Release (PDF), Sustainable Food Center – UPDATING
These local nurseries sell organic plants and seeds. Let the garden coordinator know if you come across any other nurseries that should be included in the list!
- Shoal Creek Nursery: 2710 Hancock, Austin, TX 78731; 512-458-5909
- Green ‘n Growing: 601 West Pecan Street, Pflugerville, TX 78660; 512-251-3262
- Great Outdoors Nursery & Landscaping: 2730 South Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704; 512-448-2992
- The Natural Gardener: 8648 Old Bee Caves Road, Austin, TX 78735; 512-288-6113
- Red Barn Garden Center: 10959 Crystal Falls Pkwy., Leander, TX 78729; 512-335-8093
- Garden Seventeen: 604 Williams Street, Austin, TX 78752; 512-646-4717